Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
Preservation, Identification, Extraction, Documentation and Interpreting Computer media for evidence constitutes Computer forensics. EC-Council has introduced a professional series certification for this course as Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator.
Exam details and prerequisites
Most updated format of this certification is CHFI v8 with the exam code as 312-49. Although this certification is not having any prerequisites, it is highly recommended to complete Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) Certification for a better understanding of the underlying concepts.
With around 20+ content-rich modules and the supplementary practical sessions, this course teaches the intricacies of gathering the essential evidence helpful in prosecution of a cyber-criminal. Cyber-crimes typically refer to any criminal activity that involves a computer and/or a network. In these crimes, the computer may or may not have a part for the commissioning of the crime. Witnessing the recent cyber war fares spread among nations rather than merely corporate, it is wise to accept the growing strength of cybercriminals and prepare the defenses/security accordingly. Today the discussion is more over the timing of hacking rather than the possibility of the hack. Equipped with state-of-the-art tools used by the professionals in the real-time scenarios, this Training provides all the skills necessary to identify, track and prosecute the cyber criminal.
1. Computer Forensics in Today’s World
2. Computer Forensics Investigation Process
3. Searching and Seizing Computers
4. Digital Evidence
5. First Responder Procedures
6. Computer Forensics Lab
7. Understanding Hard Disks and File Systems
8. Windows Forensics
9. Data Acquisition and Duplication
10. Recovering Deleted Files and Deleted Partitions
11. Forensics Investigation Using AccessData FTK
12. Forensics Investigation Using EnCase
13. Steganography and Image File Forensics
14. Application Password Crackers
15. Log Capturing and Event Correlation
16. Network Forensics, Investigating Logs and Investigating Network Traffic
17. Investigating Wireless Attacks
18. Investigating Web Attacks
19. Tracking Emails and Investigating Email Crimes
20. Mobile Forensics
21. Investigative Reports
22. Becoming an Expert Witness
Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator certification is meant for the public and other law enforcement or defense personnel. Professionals in E-Business Security, Legal works, Banking, Insurance sector would gain enormously by this certification.
CHFI Certification Highlights
Commencing with all the technical introductions about the computer forensics, you will go deeper into the areas of Digital Evidence, Incident Response and Incident Handling. You will learn how to setup the Forensics Labs. This Course extensively covers all the three major Operating Systems, i.e., Windows, Linux and MacOSX explaining their individual forensics techniques. You will learn about the forensics of Hard Disk, existing file systems .For Forensics Investigation the majorly focused tools are either Encase or Access Data.